We Provide Registration and Certification Services of International Seagoing Ships and Seafarers under the Cook Islands Jurisdiction.
Cook Islands are self-governing in free association with New Zealand. Therefore the legal system closely reflects that of New Zealand and other British Common Law countries. The head of state is Queen ELIZABETH II and consists Part of the Commonwealth. The Cook Islands having a Political stable parliamentary Democracy, has enacted The Admiralty Act 2004 as amended by The Ship Registration Act 2007and The Maritime Transport Act 2008 in order to operate as an open Registry.
Maritime Cook Islands (MCI) is the corporate administrator of the Cook Islands Ships Registry.
Registration under Cook Island:
- Worldwide Network of Maritime Registrars and other registration offices for local contact by Owners.
- Full technical Support operated from Piraeus, Greece and UAE.
- No restriction on Ownership of vessel
- Foreign Companies easy to register.
- No restriction on Nationality of Master, Officers and Crew on-board\
- Same day provisional Endorsement of Seafarer's COCs.
- Only Officers require Endorsements.
- Mortgage Registration is simple and secure.
- Registration on the Cook Islands flag is quick, simple and efficient ensuring all involved parties are secured.
- Cook Islands have formal agreements with all IACS Classification Societies plus INSB, Phoenix Register of Shipping, Hellenic Register of Shipping and some other non IACS ROs in the Far East.
- Wreck Removal, Bunker and Civil Liability Convention Certificates can be issued
- Ship owners have also the option to obtain Statutory Certificates directly from the Flag.
- Cook Islands does not impose additional requirements on ship owners beyond the requirements of the IMO conventions to which Cook Islands is party.
- Bareboat Chartering is allowed, both in and out.
- Corporations are easy to maintain and administer.
- Yachts do not need Cook Islands Company to
- The Cook Islands Offshore Jurisdiction has been established for over 25 years and much of our
- STCW Training and certification (CoC, CoP) for officers and Crew.