Palau Ship Registration
Palau, officially the Republic of Palau is an island country located in the western Pacific Ocean. Along with other Pacific Islands, Palau was made a part of the United States-governed Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands in 1947. Having voted against joining the newly-independent Federated States of Micronesia in 1979, the islands gained full sovereignty in 1994 under a Compact of Free Association with the United States.
Politically, Palau is a presidential republic in free association with the United States, with the US providing defence, funding, and access to social services. Palau is a democratic republic with directly elected executive and legislative branches.
Τhe Palau International Ship Registry was created by an amendment to the Title 7 of the National Code in 2010. The Palau International Ship Registry was appointed by the Government of The Republic of Palau as the Ship Registry Administrator and provides the day-to-day management for the Republic of Palau Ship Registry.
Advantages of registering under Palau flag:
- Worldwide Network of Maritime Registrars and other registration offices for local contact by Owners.
- Full technical Support operated from Piraeus, Greece and UAE.
- No restriction on Ownership of vessel
- No limitation to foreign ownership
- No restriction on Nationality of Master, Officers and Crew on-board(provided no sanction restrictions)
- Same day provisional Endorsement of Seafarer’s COCs.
- Only Officers require Endorsements.
- Mortgage Registration is simple and secure.
- Registration on the Palau flag is quick, simple and efficient ensuring all involved parties are secured.
- Palau has formal agreements with all IACS Classification Societies plus INSB, Phoenix Register and some other non IACS ROs(ask for more details)
- Wreck Removal, Bunker and Civil Liability Convention Certificates can be issued
- Palau does not impose additional requirements on ship owners beyond the requirements of the IMO conventions to which Palau is party.
- Bareboat Chartering is allowed, both in and out.
- Yachts do not need Company to operate
- STCW Training and certification (CoC, CoP) for officers and Crew.
We also provide Bunker Certificate & Wreck Removal Certificate on behalf Palau Administration at very competitive prices