We offer damage surveys to evaluate any damages sustained by the hull, systems, or any part on the vessel. Our expert surveyors will come on board to report information on the probable causes of the damage, recommendations on repairs, and estimates the costs for such work.
Typical types of damage surveys can be for collision, mechanical dysfunctions, sinking, grounding, fire, adverse weather etc.
A damage survey report typically includes:
- Reported conditions of the damage
- Statements from owners, operators and witnesses
- Identification and description of the vessel and its condition
- Description of damages
- Opinion as to the cause of loss
- Review of repair estimates for reasonableness
- If no estimates, Preparation of a Damage Appraisal
- Pre-Loss and Post-Loss valuation of the vessel