Objectives of flag State inspections
Flag State control inspections:
- Support the quality shipping objectives of a Flag state.
- Enforce high standard of compliance with international and national rules and standards for international shipping.
- Verify the actual condition of ships conform to the certificates they carry. The scope of the verification includes:
- Hull, equipment and manning;
- Safety management; and
- Security systems
- Ensure that the ship's crew can effectively:
- Co-ordinate their activities in an emergency situation;
- Perform functions vital to safety; and
- Prevent or mitigate pollution
Our qualified surveyors and auditors can assist the ship and the flag state towards meeting the Flag state inspection regime objectives.