The United Kingdom (UK) registration entitles you to fly the red ensign flag which is held in high regard within the maritime community. The paperwork is not that much and the flag is valid for 5 years and offers a very easy renewal process. The registration is similar in the UK for both private use as well as for commercial use and the fees are the same.
Why register under the UK Part 1 – BRITISH FLAG REGISTRATION?
The UK is one the most widely chosen jurisdictions for ship registration. The UK PART 1 flag registration is valid all around the world for yachts up to 24 meters. We can register your vessel both for private as well as for commercial use. There are a few important reasons to register your sail or motor boat in the UK; there are less restrictions and the registration process is more efficient then in other EU countries plus the costs are much lower. Most of our clients are Spanish, French, Italian etc. They have very strict provisions under there own country boat registrations and have found out that it is much easier and at a lower cost to register in the UK.
Advantages of registering under the UK flag:
- Valid around the world
- Official Flag Registration
- Possible for all nationalities
- Registration from 3 days
- Includes LTD. setup cost
- No Maritime restrictions
- Flag jurisdiction with good reputation
- Valid for 5 years
Documents required for a UK registration part1?
- The deletion certificate if previously registered
- A copy of a radio call sign
- An authorisation letter (we will supply you)
- A certificate of a survey of tonnage and measurement not older than 1 year, is mandatory but can be done in your own country. You just need to make sure it is done by one of the authorised surveyors, mentioned here (American Bureau of Shipping (ABS), Bureau Veritas (BV), Det Norske Veritas (DNV), Germanischer Lloyd (GL), Lloyd’ s Register (LR), Nippon Kaiji Kyokai (NKK), Registro Italiano Navale (RINA) ), for commercial use, the surveyor needs to arrange the mandatory ITC69/coding certificate after the documents have been approved by the UK authorities.
- A scanned copy of your passport
- Your vessel must have a Unique name, you need to provide 4 unique names, the UK authorities will check and determine which name is available once they have received your registration request.